Discuss free standing cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the distance an a electrical socket as to be away from a free standing cooker, and can you put a socket directly above it,or can the socket go behind..?

a socket must be more that 150mm from any metalic gas pipe (therefore not the rubber bit of the bayonet hose) a socket can go anywhere behind the cooker, above it needs to refer to the electrical regs which someone else will need to clarify for us, it will be to do with them being able to use it without risk of burning themselves or a flex getting burned

elec regs not that clear ,good practice 300mm either side, nothing above, nuisance tripping at rcd through steam etc,risk of injury.

Last edited:
elec regs not that clear ,good practice 300 eiter side, nothing above, nuisance tripping at rcd through steam etc,risk of injury.

as with good practice in the gas regs it will be ok doing till something happens, but as long as you have discussed it and got written permission from customer/responsible person then if you fit one above the cooker and something happens you will be covered, when i fit a cooker next to an outside door or under a window i always get the customer to sign to say they have been advised it isnt best practice to have it there but if they are aware of the risk and still want it then i will do it

as with good practice in the gas regs it will be ok doing till something happens, but as long as you have discussed it and got written permission from customer/responsible person then if you fit one above the cooker and something happens you will be covered, when i fit a cooker next to an outside door or under a window i always get the customer to sign to say they have been advised it isnt best practice to have it there but if they are aware of the risk and still want it then i will do it
good advice as always kirkgas,thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to free standing cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock