Discuss free standing cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
can a free standing cooker be just that, free standing,the customer wants the cooker standing next to a unit 90 degrees off an out side wall,making the cooker central to room,bayonet can be secured to unit,any thoughts

Last edited:
Can't figure out the layout your describing, but it needs a wall or a structure at the back of the cooker. For stability bracket or chain and wall plate to fix the bayonet to.

Tricky one! We all know a stability chain is needed to stop it falling forward bu what's to stop it falling to the side if its not surrounded by units

you cant fix the bayonet to a unit,its not deemed adequate

Iff you look in the mi,s it always state how far from units, wall units it needs to be but never how far away.

nah!!!!. needs a solid non moveable structure for bayonet to fix too.

Tricky one! We all know a stability chain is needed to stop it falling forward bu what's to stop it falling to the side if its not surrounded by units
dont need owt as oven door opens to the front and oven shelves come forward :)

it does but when shelves are pulled forward out of the oven, cooker becomes unstable cos weight is forward :)

the regs are not bothered by that though it needs a chain or stability bracket to prevent the hose being ripped apart and causing a leak/explosion

regs may not be but the mother of the child that got burnt may have something to say about it.

regs may not be but the mother of the child that got burnt may have something to say about it.
i agree also the mother needs her head examined if she has a small child around a gas cooker when its in use

i agree also the mother needs her head examined if she has a small child around a gas cooker when its in use

as with everything its always the installers fault, same with gas explosions...... chase the last engineer there not the idiot that turn the light on.

I wouldn't do it myself, but it is per missable.

tbh a hob on a hose always make me think its been installed by the tennant/customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to free standing cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock