Search the forum,

Discuss Freestanding Bath Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blawford

Can someone explain standpipes to me? On this site for example the price range is £50-£420 for things that look very similar. I am assuming the £50 item would just be to cover pipework already in place whereas the stuff £120 upwards is something else?

To be honest, even £50 seems expensive to cover regular pipework. Would chrome plated tubing work for the purposes of covering regular copper pipe feeding a roll top bath? If so, any recommendations as to where I can pick some up?

I don't touch stuff from VP. Why don't you give them a call and ask?

One might be plastic chrome pipe and the other metal with cover plates on the bottom

One might be plastic chrome pipe and the other metal with cover plates on the bottom

And the more expensive ones probably are water supply pipes.

Unfortunately, you are after a 'look' that is not so common these days and you will have to pay for it.

And the more expensive ones probably are water supply pipes.

Unfortunately, you are after a 'look' that is not so common these days and you will have to pay for it.

Yeah, I thought that the more expensive ones must be water supply pipes, which is something I don't need as I already have the copper in place.

I see that chrome plated tubing is fairly readily available, would this be appropriate in place of something ready made? Anyone any experience in this? I have found chrome plated steel and brass, assume I would want the latter?

Attachments

• IMG_20160408_153042.jpg
    IMG_20160408_153042.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 53
This product is a low-tech and easy to install solution. I'm not sure if it will achieve a perfectly undetectable covering but it's inexpensive enough to be worth a look.

Talon Snappit & Collar Kit 2 x 500mm / 2 x 18mm Chrome | Pipe Covers | NoLinkingToThis

This product is a low-tech and easy to install solution. I'm not sure if it will achieve a perfectly undetectable covering but it's inexpensive enough to be worth a look.

Talon Snappit & Collar Kit 2 x 500mm / 2 x 18mm Chrome | Pipe Covers | NoLinkingToThis

Seen those but I have one pipe in 15mm and one in 22mm.

I'm out of 22mm so I would to buy another length before I started to make them the same diameter, assuming you can get the snap on coverings in 22m, that is. Also not sure they would look great.

You can get the same stuff in 22mm. I appreciate it's a low tech solution. It could either be cheap 'n' cheerful or cheap 'n' miserable!

The best way would have been to just come up out of the floor in chrome plated tube but I see it's already been cemented in. In which case you could cut the pipes about 20mm above floor level, use a chromed compression coupling and install chromed copper tube from there. Or dig it up that small patch and replace that section with chromed tube entirely. Some of the merchants supply chromed tube in 2m lengths I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freestanding Bath Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm currently in the middle of first fixing the waste pipe for my freestanding bath. I've created a mock version out of plastic to determine where the waste enters down through the floor - see photo. I was just wondering is there any minimum length the pipe has to run after the trap...
Replies
Views
Hi. We’ve had rather a lot of noise issues with our radiators since we had a new boiler installed. Our radiators other than 2 more recent ones are all over 30 years old. When the boiler got installed in the middle of 2020, after the first few days, we had several loud airlocks each day...
Replies
Views
I have a floor mounted Hudson Reed bath tap to fit for a freestanding bath. This is the first one I have ever fitted and have no idea how you can ever fit them. I have two 15mm hot and cold pipes sticking out the floor, they then have to go up a 800mm tube which screws to a base plate on the...
Replies
Views
Hi all - new to the forum I have attached a couple of pictures. I need / want to replace the radiator as it's old and rusted as can be seen. ALSO I really want to replace the awful valves each end for new shiny chrome style units. Im 100% happy with the draining / refilling / inhibiting of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock