Discuss G-Worm Flexicom 24CX in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi folks, got to do some serious messing with one of these today and am not impressed.. What a horible boiler to work on. Job was intermittent F1-F4 reset faults. Did my usual for ignition related in order of ease - Inlet pressure 21mbar working, Fga on high&lo 9.3 CO2 - spot on, Then removed condensate trap and cleaned out, checked sump! Put it all back together and fired up. The boiler would sometimes fire and stay on 1st attempt ...or 3rd attempt or not at all F1 fault!

Here's my whinge!!

Ever taken one of these burners out? What a nightmare!!! Big chunk of plastic for a baffle ..... says in the mi's "no need for tools it just pulls appart" ... ! Ballderdash!!! I yanket and tugged and sweated but it wouldn't come apart! Ended up taking the side cheak off! I was wanting to check out the spark electrode/rectification probe gaps... Horribly positioned nuts impossible to get any spanner into!! So I thought I'd take the whole burner out! Another freekin 8 stupid nuts in variously impossible positions to remove!! .. After geting the fan out and seeing these nuts I decided to put it all back together and forget it ... take a hit for the hour I'd been there and tell the custard to get Glow-Worm in...:censored: ...........it was then that i noticed how loose the spark electrode lead connection was on the spark gen! :) I crimped the spade conector refit it, put the whole lot back together and YEEHAAA! It lit first time every time!!

Now after all that my question! Anyone ever removed one of these burners, do you need to renew the gasket if you do? The mi's say not but looking at it I thought it may be a good idea to have one handy? Anybody care to share their experience with this boiler :) I'm going to have to invest in one of those little socket sets for future encounters me thinks .... :)

Many thanks, Steve

Hi Steve, never repaired one. I have installed one and i would never again. It packed up after 2 months. Glow worm used to make a nice boiler years ago. They just look abit cheap and nasty now which is a shame.
Oh, and I'm giving you a "like" purely and simply for using the word balderdash! Haha made me smile that one!

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: I've never huffed and puffed and sighed so much on a repair for a long time!! They are not maintenance friendly that's for sure ... :)

I've got a pal swears by them installation wise ... I just swear at them repair wise !!! lol

Phone call this morning .... Above boiler off F1 again!!! Contemplating replacing the flame sensor, spk electrode .... Anyone any other thoughts/experience with this particular boiler :) Told the custard that it may be a few visits/parts down the line before it'll be fixed ... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Nearly every flexicom, that I have attended, be it combi heat only or system, new spark electrode sorted the intermittent F1 fault.

Other F1 faults attributted to: faulty governer, incorrectly set CO2 on low and hi

Hi folks, got to do some serious messing with one of these today and am not impressed.. What a horible boiler to work on. Job was intermittent F1-F4 reset faults. Did my usual for ignition related in order of ease - Inlet pressure 21mbar working, Fga on high&lo 9.3 CO2 - spot on, Then removed condensate trap and cleaned out, checked sump! Put it all back together and fired up. The boiler would sometimes fire and stay on 1st attempt ...or 3rd attempt or not at all F1 fault!

Here's my whinge!!

Ever taken one of these burners out? What a nightmare!!! Big chunk of plastic for a baffle ..... says in the mi's "no need for tools it just pulls appart" ... ! Ballderdash!!! I yanket and tugged and sweated but it wouldn't come apart! Ended up taking the side cheak off! I was wanting to check out the spark electrode/rectification probe gaps... Horribly positioned nuts impossible to get any spanner into!! So I thought I'd take the whole burner out! Another freekin 8 stupid nuts in variously impossible positions to remove!! .. After geting the fan out and seeing these nuts I decided to put it all back together and forget it ... take a hit for the hour I'd been there and tell the custard to get Glow-Worm in...:censored: ...........it was then that i noticed how loose the spark electrode lead connection was on the spark gen! :) I crimped the spade conector refit it, put the whole lot back together and YEEHAAA! It lit first time every time!!

Now after all that my question! Anyone ever removed one of these burners, do you need to renew the gasket if you do? The mi's say not but looking at it I thought it may be a good idea to have one handy? Anybody care to share their experience with this boiler :) I'm going to have to invest in one of those little socket sets for future encounters me thinks .... :)

Many thanks, Steve
you dont have a socket set????????????? or torqs bit?????????????? get invested in kit steve ,in regards to glowsheds they are a pig to work on not sure about this model is it a aluminium hex or stainless version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to G-Worm Flexicom 24CX in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock