Discuss Gaining extra hot water pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Masey

Gas Engineer
Hi all, im new to this forum. (normally use the tiling forum). Been plumbing for 8 years now and im still finding useful topics on here. Iv had a few issues lately when installing bathrooms. More and more people are having fancy mono block taps that work terrible with the gravity fed hot water. Sometimes they are happy to pay for a pump but other times not. Is there a better, quicker, cheaper option? Will changing a 25 Gallon tank to a 50 gallon tank help? Most pumps require a 50 gallon tank anyway. Or maybe change the 22mm feed to a 28mm feed to the cylinder. Would that help?

any help will be great,

Dan

Raise the CWSC (and header) if you can and make sure that they have specified the right taps.

raising the tank by 1m will give me 0.1 bar of pressure extra. Hardly worth the effort and makes the tank top heavy. Bit risky. will a 28mm feed help?

.1 of a bar may well represent a 10% increase and only top heavy if not done right. Like on matches ;)

Putting a larger pipe in will not increase the pressure by very much although it will reduce the resistance slightly. A larger pipe is normally used to improve flow rates.

You either need to pump it or raise the cold water storage cistern.

The best solution is to specify taps that are suitable for the customers water system.

The best solution is to specify taps that are suitable for the customers water system.
Or if they insist, warn them on paper that the HW may be poor.

Surely the hot and cold water pressure to the bathroom will be the same on a gravity system!

You or your customer need to ensure the specified fittings are suitable for a low pressure system.
Pumps, or a pumped shower is generally the cheapest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gaining extra hot water pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock