Discuss gas cooker with no high level grill but free standing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
460mm from top of hob to bottom of unit can these dimensions be reduced if the wall units are set back away from the cooker by 200mm :mad:

760 from hob to under side of unit that is directly above hob

units that are either side of hob should be not less than 460.
most wall units are 200mm less or more
I got written warning because unit had a 30mm cornice on it making it 430.

Last edited by a moderator:
It needs min 760 above plates or 610n + 150 each side if high level grill.

As said were do you get 460mm from add another 300mm and take it wall units open,recessed even worse from a safety point of view ,when you think about it

imho

if you were to draw a line vertical from the top of the hob to the bottom of the wall unit it should be minimum of 460mm if the wall unit was set back by 200mm could i reduce the height of the wall unit ie put the wall unit to the side of the hob and not have to achieve 460mm minimum

if you were to draw a line vertical from the top of the hob to the bottom of the wall unit it should be minimum of 460mm if the wall unit was set back by 200mm could i reduce the height of the wall unit ie put the wall unit to the side of the hob and not have to achieve 460mm minimum

from memory of the BS IF the wall unit edge is in line with the hot plate then the wall unit needs to be at least 460mm above the hob, if it is set back 50mm from vertical line it can be lower than 460mm

I have not explained right 760 above hob ok 460 to units at side of hob ok but surely these measurements dont come into affect the further you get from the hob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas cooker with no high level grill but free standing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock