Discuss gas electric appliances containing asbestos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
good call its a must have..i'd advise everyone on here to follow suit..............

Last edited by a moderator:
just looked in the list the now and opps is a good one a have potterton netheat coming out tomorrow

The asbestos on a netaheat is the rope gasket on the flue hood which you have to take off to get the flue off.

yeah the netaheat seal will prob fall apart when you touch it. then you should get competent person in. known on most sites as the tat man.

I always spray loads of water over the rope seal before removing the flue hood and then again the gasket at the rear around the flue which I was also told was asbestos. The more water, the less chance of any nasty dust particles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas electric appliances containing asbestos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous...
Replies
Views
M
There's been a few queries as to whether appliances contain asbestos recently. This is the tech bulletin that Corgi sent out a few years back...
Replies
Views
Mike Jackson
M
H
Hi all, Been wondering recently if there is a list or some kind data sheet containing general fga tolerances for different appliances? I know...
Replies
Views
HeatStar
H
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock