Discuss gas hob clearance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

can anyone explain the clearances on the gas hob pic in viper and b pec book shows 300 from a wall etc and 760 to hood or cupboard above but what does the 50mm mean on the pic either side of hob I have seen hobs closer to wall than 300mm would post pic but cant upload

The 50mm either side is the minimum clearance from work tops/units.

next to hob? if 300mm from wall must be same to unit

Maybe the 300mm takes into account and assumes the wall will have a combustable surface?

The 300mm to the side is recommended, but can be reduced if the material is non combustible and is for using the appliance and for clearances for pot handles etc
The 50mm either side is to do with the height of the wall units from the Worktop
If the units are more than 450mm above the Worktop they can be vertically in line with the edges of the hob
If the wall units are lower than 450mm from the Worktop the edge of the units must be set back 50mm (on either side) from the vertical line,
So if you have a 500mm wide hob and the units are high the units will be 500mm apart, if the units are lower than 450mm they will need to be 50+500+50 apart, the reasoning being if they are lower there is a higher risk of them getting burnt
Does that make sense?????????

The 300mm to the side is recommended, but can be reduced if the material is non combustible and is for using the appliance and for clearances for pot handles etc
The 50mm either side is to do with the height of the wall units from the Worktop
If the units are more than 450mm above the Worktop they can be vertically in line with the edges of the hob
If the wall units are lower than 450mm from the Worktop the edge of the units must be set back 50mm (on either side) from the vertical line,
So if you have a 500mm wide hob and the units are high the units will be 500mm apart, if the units are lower than 450mm they will need to be 50+500+50 apart, the reasoning being if they are lower there is a higher risk of them getting burnt
Makes sense to me. I've read it over and over trying to figure why you're not getting it but it does make sense.

cheers why could they not put that in the book it makes sense now

The 50mm either side is the minimum clearance from work tops/units.

That’s not gonna work! How would you make 50mm clearance around a hob!? The hob simply will go through the hole! There’s a hob and there’s a free-standing cooker

Clearance around a cooking appliance and within the kitchen furniture shall be in accordance with the appliance manufacturer’s instructions…

In the absence of specific guidance in the manufacturer’s instructions, BS 6172 gives general guidance onclearance zones, which should be followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas hob clearance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just to be really clear I will not be doing any of the work mentioned below. This will all be carried out by Gas Safe Engineers. We're in the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'll try to describe my issue as best I can but I've attached a video and linked to some images below that might do a better job of...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
A couple of years ago, my mother moved house and paid an RGI to move her existing ca. 1981 Solaire New World cooker into her new house (there was...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I was asked to install a gas hob today, the manufacturers inst recommend 300mm to any combustable material at side of hob, the clearance I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock