Discuss Gas hob ignition issues?? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys

Do you bother trying to repair hobs these days or just advise to replace?

Family members hob is constantly trying to ignite.

I dont do a lot gas these days since leaving my last employer.

Last edited:
Sounds like microswitch is stuck or have the cleaned and liquid has bridged the microswitch. Repair is sometimes more work than replacing with a new one as most have to be removed to repair also depends on make as to whether the parts are obtainable. Cheaper to unplug and use an igniter

Reply to Gas hob ignition issues?? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m changing my kitchen and swapping from a gas hob to an electric induction hob. Rest assured, I have no intention of doing any work at all...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just after some advice please. I have a small outdoor gas pizza oven with the below connector. I also have the below connector (and...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been to a customer today that has a 9 year old baxi duo tec40kw boiler,it runs 20 radiator that all work fine,they have 2 bathrooms and 1...
Replies
Views
Hi, Please can someone advise me on the correct replacement parts to re-connect my gas hob? It is an Indesit PIM 640 AS fitted gas hob and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock