Discuss Gas Meter Moving in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fowlersrs

I went to a job today that needed pricing, guy has a meter on the wall in a external meter box.
Incoming supply is straight up into the meter box, chap needs the meter box moving to the left by about the distance of a meter box which would make the incoming a right hand point of entry.

Im obivously happy to alter the external pipework and connect it accordingly. What I wasnt sure was, can I remove everything and order a new meter box and just move it?

Can u get longer anacondas for right to left connection as now the inlet would be on the right im wondering if it might be a little tight with the existing. Can I even do this work or legally do the gas transporter have to move box and meter and I connect off the meter only?

Any thoughts guys..

I went to a job today that needed pricing, guy has a meter on the wall in a external meter box.
Incoming supply is straight up into the meter box, chap needs the meter box moving to the left by about the distance of a meter box which would make the incoming a right hand point of entry.

Im obivously happy to alter the external pipework and connect it accordingly. What I wasnt sure was, can I remove everything and order a new meter box and just move it?

Can u get longer anacondas for right to left connection as now the inlet would be on the right im wondering if it might be a little tight with the existing. Can I even do this work or legally do the gas transporter have to move box and meter and I connect off the meter only?

Any thoughts guys..
What do you think?

My guess would be gas transporter to move meter box and adjust anaconda for new incoming supply accordingly leaving me to adjust external pipework back to the meter..

Only reason I questioned it was because im pretty sure that it can be done without adjusting anything upstream of the ecv, I see u can get Mitras meter boxes but im a little unsure if there suitable for right hand entry.. Only part you would need the gas board for would be when your anaconda doesnt reach from right to left.. UNLESS its not possible to do it that way and upstream of the ECV has to be altered to suit left hand entry only.

Ive never had this scenario before..

tbh you got your met1 and its there equipment so if they see its been changed your up pooo creek

so get them out

if your around doncaster, i know a grid guy who might do it you for £200, anywhere you like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Meter Moving in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
Hi I wonder if anyone can help please. I'm building a new small house and propose to install a natural gas kiln in an outbuilding. The new house...
Replies
Views
Hotwork40
H
Hello, Not strictly plumbing, but need your advice nonetheless as I'm out of ideas. We have recently moved into newly renovated apartment...
Replies
Views
We moved into our house in October and the boiler needs replacing. We got quotes but were informed by the gas engineers that we have a commercial...
Replies
Views
next week I will be doing a kitchen where the gas meter has to be moved a couple of feet. I have MET 1 but I’ve never had to move a meter before...
Replies
Views
I am new gas safe and met hard situation when I did gas safety check on large property with 3 acre site. The property is old and large size...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock