Currently reading:
Gas pipe size calculation

Discuss Gas pipe size calculation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I am looking to see if anyone uses a good gas pipe size calculation app!

I have been been plumbing and installing gas for over 12 years so obviously I know how to work it out long hand, I just want to see if any of these apps are worth the money to save myself time over the year!

Thanks

I like the GBgas.co.uk app works well once you get your head round the rubbishinstructions. I like longhand but sometimes if I'm just trying to show a customer why their gas is undersized it's a useful tool

Always the long way round !
Mear calculator !

Never been wrong in 28 years with those.
Some think they're old hat but I swear by em.

Pump sizes ( index circuit calcs).
Gas pipe sizes ( pressure drop )
Gallons per hour
Heat loss
Boiler size
All of it !
You need to use them along side a good brain and experience !

Always the long way round !
Mear calculator !

Never been wrong in 28 years with those.
Some think they're old hat but I swear by em.

Pump sizes ( index circuit calcs).
Gas pipe sizes ( pressure drop )
Gallons per hour
Heat loss
Boiler size
All of it !
You need to use them along side a good brain and experience !

you still got the old calcs?

I'm still in BThus and Fahrenheit !
If that's old
And still measure in feet and inches

I'm still in BThus and Fahrenheit !
If that's old
And still measure in feet and inches

I'm happy enough working in either imperial or metric. Can easily swap between the two. Except Fahrenheit. And pump pressure in psi does my head in!

You been watching The Matrix again?

Lol. Red one is imperial blue metric and if you had been to school in the 60's you would understand fahrenheit but i admit although i know a boiler stat is 140 to 180 and 70º is pleasantly warm and some other stuff i've got to do the -32 x5 /8 thing as celcius is more in my head

Just learn the max flow rates for the pipe runs. Its only a couple of numbers but it saves you faffing about calculating anything. The numbers/tables are in your books but it is easy to remember a 30kw boiler will be fine on 20m (less fittings allowance) or 3m of 15mm.

Btw most apps use the equivalent length method of calculation which errs on the safe side as it is less than the tabulation method but it is all theory.

I'm happy enough working in either imperial or metric. Can easily swap between the two. Except Fahrenheit. And pump pressure in psi does my head in!

I don't mind using Fahrenheit or Celsius cos i'm not as old as I sound but your right with the pump pressure. Always in Meters head or Kpa.

There's a long running joke on here about me being strictly commercial, John.

Hate domestic boilers with a passion

White boxed wall hung metrosexual tin foil crap!

Ha ha, well I do get you. I'm probably about 70% commercial.
It Is best by far.
Something you can get your teeth into and no carpets furniture etc and no half days spent as removal men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe size calculation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock