Search the forum,

Discuss Gas pipe under screed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas donovan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I was running gas from meter to hob today in preparation for screed, which is going down next week. I've clipped my pipe and tested it etc. this pipe is going to be beneath celotex insulation a damp proof membrane and then my ufh pipes and a liquid screed.
My question is: Do I need to denso tape it?
I would say no because it will not be in contact with any potentially corrosive material, but as usual the builder seems to know my job better than me.
your thoughts?

does the gas pipe have room to expand ? and do it harm to have the extra protection no

If the pipe is clipped to the slab then I would definitely denso it. There will be moisture in the floor screed which will cause corrosion. The cost of a roll of denso is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Any metallic pipe in the ground needs protection. I think your builder is right to request it to be protected.

personally I just use plastic coated copper, lot easier than densoing everything

personally I just use plastic coated copper, lot easier than densoing everything

Come 2020, or 2017, can't remember which, you won't be able to bury plastic coated copper on LPG runs. Just so's you know. ..

Come 2020, or 2017, can't remember which, you won't be able to bury plastic coated copper on LPG runs. Just so's you know. ..

I guess I'll have to check that one out, any idea where you got the info?

Good to know cropie. Where is that proposal.
There is also another proposal re pipework in voids/floorspaces etc etc that is suggesting all is gonna have to be sleeved and sealed from that space

I guess I'll have to check that one out, any idea where you got the info?

Good to know cropie. Where is that proposal.
There is also another proposal re pipework in voids/floorspaces etc etc that is suggesting all is gonna have to be sleeved and sealed from that space

I was tipped the wink by a calor engineer. Haven't seen it in black and white myself yet but apparently it's because if there's a break in the sheathing there's a possibility of a catalytic reaction breaking down the pipe.

I can see the logic behind it, but the same could be said with any pipe and protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe under screed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock