Discuss Gas pressure problems, use of MDPE pipe outside? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see it either, if it has been bonded inside what difference is it then to run on an outside wall as it would be to run up an hallway wall where a child could touch??

Would I be right in saying that it has to be bonded after the pipe enters the dwelling to prevent 'perceived shocks'

If it was to be bonded outside. There's is a possibility that any stray voltage could be picked up by someone outside the property and receive a shock. If it is bonded inside there is more chance the stray voltage would be picked up by the bond

Also bonding inside reduces the chance of corrosion of the bond

Brian99, where abouts in the wiring regs does it say you cannot bond external on a PME system?

@ Simonjohns, no, the gas pipe has to be bonded within 600mm of the meter to the point of entry into the building. So if possible it can be bonded in the meter box or on any exposed pipework within 600mm of the meter or at the nearest point where it has entered the property within 600mm of the meter box.

It doesn't :bucktooth:

ive never heard of this and i dont see the issue anyway, is he getting mixed up with were the boding is as opposed to where the pipe runs?
if you read his post he has kindly agreed to discuss this with us without fear of prosecution

Must be a huge bungalow to require a 37kw boiler.

and an incredible amount of bonding required

there is no way that a bungalow unless greater than 8 bedrooms (even then?) would require 37kw for heating so it must be for hot water, begs the question why not fit unveneted?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at the gas supply, a huge run of 22mm to feed a gas thirsty 37kw boiler. Never stood a chance, I have seen 30KW boilers drop 3mb working pressure with 6m of 28mm in a 20m run.
Problem is this is a huge problem in our trade but many engineers dont have a clue how to check working pressures and gas rates etc, and many more cannot be bothered.
I have done a lot of inspecting and auditing in my time and half the boilers out there have more than 1mb drop in working pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pressure problems, use of MDPE pipe outside? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock