Discuss Gas rating and pipe sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been gas safe registered for a while now but mostly installing new boilers etc so I calculate the pipe size etc taking into account hob fires and the like pre existing in the property then take gas pressures etc after installs with all appliances on to make sure there correct. I have now started doing landlord checks and find the next bit confusing, if I gas rate a hob and it's spot on, then gas rate boiler and it's spot on how can I tell if the pipe sizing to supply both items is correct i.e boiler might starve hob of gas a little when on full. Any advise would be appreciated.

Unable to give gas related info out on public forums for safety reasons. If you give one of the moderators your gsr number they will let you into the private forum.

flame picture not help then or bp?

please follow advice below for input replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas rating and pipe sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our House is now fully Heat Pumped, insulated and we have had the Gas Meter Removed. We have a 1950s foldaway Cannon Gas Grill which is on the...
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock