Search the forum,

Discuss Gas rating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Can't find anything in my corgi or viper book about this but when doing a gas rate on an appliance are you allowed a 10% leeway?

I did a gas rating on a boiler in a flat the gas meter supplying the boiler was in turn one of three being supplied by a main meter.
The other two meters were isolated, I took a reading from secondary meter then again out of curiosity from main meter both had revolving dial, end result. 2Kw difference

heating or hot water?

Depending on the boiler that can be the case. Some like ecotecs wont give as high output on heat.

Ahh may have misunderstood. I thought u were comparing rating heat versus how water , but seems like your comparing meters ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Can't find anything in my corgi or viper book about this but when doing a gas rate on an appliance are you allowed a 10% leeway?
There is a Gas Safe TB about it.
As Phill mentioned in absence of any manufacture stated variance you are allowed 5% over and 10% under the badge stated figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas rating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi apologies of this has been asked before but when you gas rate an appliance and trying to compare to the technical data, do you go off the Domestic hot water input as that’s a higher figure than the central heating max? Thanks
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
Hello Just a quick question. I had a new Vaillant ecotec plus boiler installed in Nov 2021, with a 10 yr extended warranty. I've been trying to get an engineer in for weeks to do the first service but the earliest appointment is just after Christmas - have I invalidated the warranty? Or is...
Replies
Views
M
My house runs an unvented system and I plan to renovate my shower and replacing the existing one with a Grohe Grotherm 1000 Cosmopolitan Bar shower model 34437000. At the moment the flow rate of my shower at hydrostatic pressure only is 7 litres per minute. The shower head is about 1.5m below...
Replies
Views
Min Chew
M
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running at around 12kW on high when carrying out the gas rate. The CO readings were where they should be, fan speed was okay and inlet working pressure was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock