Discuss Gas safe inspection event in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Ravenheat , Morley West Yorkshire .
If you haven't had a inspection for around 4/5 years and been a good lad you will get invited to one of these , your next inspection should be around 4/5 years after .
Test at the end , which to be fair was basic stuff and everyone passed it wasn't to bad , muck it up and you will have to have a visit from an inspector.
I hate any kind of test / exam and always worry I will cock it up , but for any of you going on one of these events please do not worry.

So are you going to give us anymore details of what it consisted of? :p

We've just had an inspection last year so hoping we should be good for a while. Are they hand picking engineers or just a representative from each company?

They hadn't inspected us since it was Corgi before 2016 :eek:

We've just had an inspection last year so hoping we should be good for a while. Are they hand picking engineers or just a representative from each company?

If you have had an recent inspection you will be ok for a few years I would think .
As said consisted of a lot of listening with a test at the end , seriously nothing to worry about .

It is the RGI that is inspected, not the company.

This installer event is such a nonsense. I have no issues with being inspected, but the idea of in site inspections was to make sure we were doing it correctly in the real world. My last inspection was at least 10 years ago - I have been “invited” to a hotel this month but cannot go. The tests are open book, so how does this differ from the 5 yearlies?

Personally, I believe that GS should go through recent notifications and pick visits themselves. If you cannot find 3 “safe” jobs to take GS to, then you have major issues

@firemant , simple maths pal , they did approx 150 guys in two days , to do that by one off inspections would take months.
Personally I would prefer GS to spend more time and resources on finding illegals and prosecuting them .

Reply to Gas safe inspection event in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock