Discuss Gas safe inspection event in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

But
That is where the good guy's come in. It also up to us to report sub standard work & illegals. GS will I have been reassured yesterday by them that they WILL investigate every report.

That is interesting, Darren. It has, to date, always been the case, AFAIA, that GS will only investigate anything if it comes from the customer.

Last edited:
I would be interested to see the written proof of this mate. Do you have a copy to hand?
Not really, but there have been complaints of that nature over the years on forums (I KNOW! ;) ) and in the magazine. However, from the GS site:

Report illegal Gas Work - Gas Safe Register

What will we do with the information you provide?
If you have provided us with your details, we will contact you to acknowledge receipt of the information and discuss your concerns
  • We will attempt to contact the duty holder (e.g. householder/landlord/tenant) for the affected property to offer our assistance
  • Where permitted by the duty holder, we will attend the site within 10 working days to undertake a complaint investigation
  • Having completed an investigation on site, a comprehensive report will be provided to the duty holder and the Health & Safety Executive. Where appropriate the report may also be disclosed to other agencies (e.g. local authority Environmental Health, Trading Standards)
  • Please note: we’re only able to carry out an investigation when we have details of a property at which illegal gas work has been carried out.
Although it does not explicitly say that it must be reported by the consumer, it is clear (at least to me) that they will not investigate without the SUPPORT of the customer. If the customer does not allow access to the site, then they cannot prepare a case. TBF, I should have worded my comment differently, in that a RGI can report it, but they will not act without customer agreement - so I apologise for that

Not really, but there have been complaints of that nature over the years on forums (I KNOW! ;) ) and in the magazine. However, from the GS site:

Report illegal Gas Work - Gas Safe Register

What will we do with the information you provide?
If you have provided us with your details, we will contact you to acknowledge receipt of the information and discuss your concerns
  • We will attempt to contact the duty holder (e.g. householder/landlord/tenant) for the affected property to offer our assistance
  • Where permitted by the duty holder, we will attend the site within 10 working days to undertake a complaint investigation
  • Having completed an investigation on site, a comprehensive report will be provided to the duty holder and the Health & Safety Executive. Where appropriate the report may also be disclosed to other agencies (e.g. local authority Environmental Health, Trading Standards)
  • Please note: we’re only able to carry out an investigation when we have details of a property at which illegal gas work has been carried out.
Although it does not explicitly say that it must be reported by the consumer, it is clear (at least to me) that they will not investigate without the SUPPORT of the customer. If the customer does not allow access to the site, then they cannot prepare a case. TBF, I should have worded my comment differently, in that a RGI can report it, but they will not act without customer agreement - so I apologise for that
We are all human. You are forgiven. (This time at least :D:D;))

Reply to Gas safe inspection event in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock