Discuss Gas safe inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyguy2005

Gas Engineer
Hi all!

just wondered if it's common to never have had a gas safe inspector come out to check your work?!?

ive been gas safe now for 4.5 years but never had an inspection. Is this normal?

Renewal due in May tho :( more £££££'s!

Lol I know. Watch it be the first phone call tomorrow morning!

Was as interested tho as to what actually happens?? Do they ever go out to the work without you knowing ? I,e contacting the customer direct to check your work?

Yeh , I was 4 years self employed b4 my first visit so don't worry and enjoy it until you receive your letter, now you've said it you'll prob receive a letter next week ,, that always happens to me but not when I say I've never won the lottery lol,,,,

I had one back in the summer, absolutely no problem at all, apart from when he fired up my analiser , looked at me and said, do you know this Is out of calibration , lol, to which I said yer I was going to send it in this week but I knew you were coming.
Nice bloke , they have you sussed in the first 5 mins I reckon.

Definitely have you sussed. Everyone I've met have been laid back and nice blokes. Had my check 2 months after going gas safe in my own name. Been gas safe over 15 years through work and had the occasional checks :)

Lol I know. Watch it be the first phone call tomorrow morning!

Was as interested tho as to what actually happens?? Do they ever go out to the work without you knowing ? I,e contacting the customer direct to check your work?

If you fit boilers and notify them, as you should haha, there is a bit on the notification cert that the customer gets offering them a free gas inspection, I'm not 100% sure if the installer gets a copy of the report if it's nice and clean, I know they will get a copy if there are defects on it, but it would be nice to get a nice clean one sent out too, might see if I can remember to check whether a clean report gets sent to installer, suppose if they do,some on here will have had them, I mean someone must do a good job now and again eh?

No they normally always ask you to attend. Unless customer asks that u don't. Got pulled once for NCS on a flue fitted 5years ago. The flashing wasn't sitting correctly. Only been re roofed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back