Search the forum,

Discuss General question. Boiler not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys,

Just had a phone call off a mate, a friend of his has moved in next door and said the boiler won't fire up. It won't light at all. It's a combi and turning the hot tap on does nothing either.

I have said it's hard to say without seeing it but i'd get someone to go and have a look tomorrow afternoon.

The only thing I can think is the gas to the boiler is isolated. The meter is turned on and the cooker lights.

That is the only info I have so apologies for that .

Just off the top of your head what would be the first thing you would check?

Cheers.

Power is on at the spur
Boiler is not set to zero instead of heating/ho****er
It's not an Ideal Isar :)

Thanks for the replies, sounds like one of the 'doh!' moments to me (what do I know? lol :p).

If they haven't got it sorted by tomorrow afternoon they will let me know.

It is probably isolated at the gas valve. You find them like that on repossessions

It is probably isolated at the gas valve. You find them like that on repossessions

That's what I said i thought it was initially, shouldn't take them too long to figure it out if that is the case.

If he has just moved in check the simple things first. Power, system pressure then start looking at the other things.

I've been to a few where they have removed the fuse on spur, or flicked trip switch on consumer. Obvious I know but always worth checking.

Oh well my mate text me and said that his friends landlord got a GSR out and they had to order a part. must have been a PCB :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to General question. Boiler not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock