Discuss Getting a job as a plumber with a criminal record? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulm

I don't know if this is the right place to post but wanted to post it

I am getting sentenced in 2 weeks and told to expect about 2 years. Because of the length I was told I would get to do a course for getting a job after I get out.

Most of the courses are about bricklaying and plumbing but I don't know how hard it would be to get a job like that now or in a year or two especially with a criminal record or having a chance of being an apprentise.

If I did get to do a course would it be good when I am going for a job or would they see it was done in prison. Does it matter much about having a criminal record if you want to be a plumber? Would it be a good job for me to try and get? If you were taking people on would you give somebody like me a job?

It depends on what you've been sentenced for. I wouldn't look to employ someone that's been done for any sort of dishonesty.

Most employers and agencies now ask for either a basic or enhanced CRB check dependent on where you may be employed.
Both bricklaying and plumbing can give you employment but probably as self employed.

You can be anything you want! Wanna be a plumber – no probs. As above, it could be tricky… If you can, try to get yourself benders and the books ASAP. Do you want to be a plumber or not? If the answer is yes – just get on with it! Hope you’ll enjoy it. All the best.

You can be anything you want! Wanna be a plumber – no probs. As above, it could be tricky… If you can, try to get yourself benders and the books ASAP. Do you want to be a plumber or not? If the answer is yes – just get on with it! Hope you’ll enjoy it. All the best.

Are you reading the same post mate?

If I would take people on, would I give somebody like you a job? If you are any good - yes. As long as the past is past.

If you are serious sex or violent offender. It's a NO.

Everyone deserves a second chance mate. If you get your head down inside, study hard and read the holy book, then why not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting a job as a plumber with a criminal record? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock