Search the forum,

Discuss Getting an office and workshop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

Decided it's time to stop working from home. Need to separate work and home life (fat chance!) but having old plumbing stuff overflowing the shed is now getting beyond it. I make cabinets too for bathroom installs and having a place to work on them will be bliss. As will having a store for pipe. timber and supplies.

Quite excited about it and looking forward to the move, which just so happens is about 3 streets away. :clap:

I'm sure it will have a flat screen TV for the footy, a beer fridge, sound system and a sign with "No wife allowed" somewhere.....

:clap:

Great news, just make sure it is secure, we had a break in last Feb not nice.

There are a lot of jealous people out there who do not want to work hard.

Just make sure your beer fridge is A+++ rated :clap:

he was on TV? When was this? Linkages?[/QUOTE]

No rogue traders.

Been on BBC1 Scotland 3 times and once on the radio.

Did anyone see that rogue gas fitter on Watch dog last week?

Yep, think I'd strike myself of iff I'd had as many gas leaks as him.

i wouldnt trust myself with a workshop just become a massive mess of excess materials and one corner with on lazy boy and a tv on the wall ! sky tv ofcourse !

It makes a hell of a difference. We moved house in July, extra bedroom is my office and a big garage out the back that would squeeze 4 cars into, not now I have all my gear in it. :)

I"ve just put a office in the back of my garage to get out the house and bought racking for the garage side so i can actully see what i got

When we moved house, we bought one with a pretty big shed. I intended to convert it to a home office, but never got around to it. It's now stuffed with plumbing gear, and two guinea pigs!

We also have a garage, with is also stuffed with tools, and materials.

I would totally love a proper, seperate space to work from. Good on you. I'm jealous of your new man cave!! So much that I'm gonna look into doing the same.

Sorry to bring the level down, what are the tax benefits?

Is it 100% as you're leasing or have you bought?

Part of my workshop now known as Father Xmas's grotto - note Orangeboom lwr left

whats your workshop like 1.jpg

Are you going to fit a 300l megaflow ? Yano so you can wash your hands ?

Sorry to bring the level down, what are the tax benefits?

Is it 100% as you're leasing or have you bought?
Don't really know mate, I'll have to ask the accountant that one.However I do know that many mortgages on your house don't allow commercial use, so check that "wee" detail out if you work from home!

This is Croppies workshop I flew over this am on my way back to 'Tap Land'
UKPF Father Christmas

croppies workshop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting an office and workshop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock