Discuss Glow worm Betacom 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chelsea

Been to this boiler as it had a leak on the prv.

been back again as its still dropping pressure,prv is tight, no leaks in the house,i have checked everywhere and its baffled me as to where it can be, i checked the main exchanger, nice and dry.

i disconnected the filling loop to make sure it wasn't coming from there and that to is dry and left it for a few days and that's all clear.

Could it be the diverter or secondary plate exchanger from inside?

Any help or ideas on where to look would be a great help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isolate the boiler overnight and then check the pressure when you turn the iso's back on in the morning, should point you in the right direction as to whether it's the boiler or system

As above
If it was the plate the system pressure would equalise with the mains (prv obviously at 3 bar would open if the main was above that )

OK the boiler has been turned off for a few days with the flow and return valves shut off, he came back today and pressure has dropped to zero, no water from the prv, is it pointing to expansion vessel?

i can't think of anywhere else it could go

Likely main heat ex kuffed and system water entering combustion chamber (through split in wall) then running out the condense
EDIT as said above :wheelchair:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Betacom 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We have just bought a brand new Glow worm Betacom4 24K less than a month ago. The new boiler is already losing pressure, falling from 1.3 bars to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some advice/pointing in the right direction. We’ve got a glow worm betacom 24c combi boiler, installed by the last owners. Doing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock