Discuss Glow worm boiler running cold water in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

We have a Glow Worm combi Ultracom 38cxi boiler fitted in our house, which has been running really well for the past 10 years. Recently we have had an issue with the shower and water taps suddenly running cold water when we have the taps set to hot, the water will keep going hot and cold which is really frustrating.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance

Going hot and cold can be a few things. Any taps/shower replaced? Could be let by on the cold water, pushing hot water out of the way. Could be plate heat exchanger, to name some.

No taps or showers have been replaced. We did call the plumber a couple of weeks ago as there was a leak coming from the boiler, the plumber replaced the o rings on the heat exchanger and that stopped the leak. Do you think the exchanger needs replacing?

Reply to Glow worm boiler running cold water in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently...
Replies
Views
Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again...
Replies
Views
C
Got back from a week visiting family over Xmas and our boiler has now started making banging and grinding noises. It’s a British Gas 330 which...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock