Search the forum,

Discuss glow worm ultracom 18hxi low flame problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

phil hair

Gas Engineer
hi, Im looking at a glow worm ultracom 18hxi that heats up to mid 70s/80s works for about 20 mins, then goes into low gas mode (one flame on display) and stays there for the rest of time. no heat in the water or rads.
I have changed a 3 way valve (which was jammed with the black stuff)
I then changed the pump (whos impeller fell apart when took head off)
the pump then started sucking air into system so turned it to low setting, worked ok for a day, then problem started again.
they tell me that they had it flushed a few months ago and a magna clean fitted.
if i reset it a few times it starts working fine?
im thinking pcb now, any ideas?

Reply to glow worm ultracom 18hxi low flame problem in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented...
Replies
Views
I have a Glow Worm Ultracom 30sxi boiler that provides central heating and also heats a hot water tank. There are no error codes shown on the...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock