Discuss gravity fed system queries. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbosweed

Hi, I was called to a customers premises today to quote for a replacement boiler and upgrade of system. The customer has a back boiler (baxi bermuda) and i believe it is fed by gravity.I am not familiar with this type of system so i just wanted to check are gravity systems usually one pipe systems? I am going to install a combi system so was hoping to use the existing radiator circuit pipework. Thanks for any replies in advance

The two dont go hand in hand it could be one pipe but in my experience most back boilers are two pipe
the pump is usually near the boiler band you have to cut it out and repipe at least that section youll have to get the combi connected into a section of 22mm pipe
in london we used to put the combi up in the back bedroom where the cylinder was as you usually have a main either in the cupboard or above in the loft best bit about this job is the amount of scrap

Last edited:
a better term to use is open vented, we tend to use the term gravity to discribe the way the heated water circulates from the boiler.

as steve has said best place is to put the boiler in the Air Cub or near as possible as alot of your pipes are there to use. Just dont connect the return into the existing cylinder return without removing the primary return. you would be supprised how many get these connections all wrong.

thanks lads, i was planning on fitting the new combi in the bedroom upstairs,just hope hes happy with the quote, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gravity fed system queries. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow. I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock