Discuss Gravity fed system wiring fault??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stanna

Afternoon Plumber gurus.

Have a rented property which has a gravity fed system in it. Been asked by tenant to sort a few problems with heating. 1. bleed a radiator (give me strength) the other is she cant have hot water without the heating on. (had house a year)
I thought this would be a MZV problem so ripped up laminate flooing and floor to get too it and it seems fine. now realised if it was that it would be other way round ie hot water no heating as valve operates when both selected.

Whilst fereting round the MZV i noticed when only hot water is selected the pump does not run. This is confirmed as fault as when switcing on for HW only the boiler runs for a couple of mins then shuts off. So it appears to be heating whats in the boiler then shut down as its not being pumped once reaching right temp.

I remember when doing kitchen the programmer came adrift when being rewired and sparks said he would sort it.

Does it sound like fault at progger end or control unit?

Hope you can help

Stanna

Quick update

Ive had progger off and been messing with wires.
Its a danfoss 102e5. If memory serves sparks was messing round with the 3 wires that go to terminals 1 and 2 and kept changing them.
All 3 are flex rather than 1.5 t&e.
Im assuming they are room stat, cylinder stat and 1 for the zone valve.
What should be correct connection once ive identified which is which.

Thanks

Thanks ive got that

Ive looked at various wiring diagrams and believe i have a C plan wiring layout given 2 port valve. Problem is that no diagram shows having 3 lives going to the 2 connections on progger. I guess this was a short cut but cant work it out.

Doesn't the words 'gravity system' ring any bells.

Well thanks for the glib responses clearly an in joke with plumbers.

However i fail to see your point so perhaps you might educate me?

Well thanks for the glib responses clearly an in joke with plumbers.

However i fail to see your point so perhaps you might educate me?

1st lesson

We are not a free technical help website

2nd lesson

You've wasted money. Pay a proper plumber to come and fix it.

Well should the pump run when hw only selected on a "gravity system" ???

No, it's wired wrong so you need someone that is competent in wiring heating systems to come and rectify it. Your electrician clearly wasn't and by the sound of it you are struggling. Get a professional in before you waste any more time. This is not something that can be diagnosed over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity fed system wiring fault??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow. I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed...
Replies
Views
Back