Discuss Gravity Fed System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aspsim

Hi

I wonder if you can help/advise.

We are currently replacing our old bath with an enclosed shower in a gravity feed system.
I'm after a Thermostatic control with 2 outlets (one to a static head and one to a hand held unit)

Question is what is the bar preasure of a gravity feed system? The bottom of the cistern to the static shower head will be approx 1m. If I need to install a pump can you purchase pumps that you can adjust the flow rate.... When the kids are back home I'll need to limit the flow rate as we are on a water meter!

:furious3: :banghead:

I also want a good build quality shower I know the Aqualisa, Mira, Grohe (by name) what is Roper Rhodes like. I perfer one that feels solid then one that is chrome finish but feels like plastic.

Thanks in advance for any help given

Oh, for info - we have an onsuite with shower, basin and toilet on the same floor!!?

Regards
Simon.

If you have 1m from the base of the CWSC to the shower head you'lll have 0.1 Bar of pressure.
If you pump the shower it is possible to fit flow restricters to the pipework to limit the volume of water flow.

with 1m head of water the shower would work but give a very poor flow, is the en suite a gravity fed shower or electric?
the more you spend on a pump the more powerful they get, the cold water would also need to be supplied from the cwsc to the pump and the hot water drawn from an appropriate fitting on the hwsc

Get a shower with an integral pump. Cheap and very workable option given the parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity Fed System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock