Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gravity hot water system plumbed into central heating circuit. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any body seen this b4?
I have just moved into a bungalow and it has a Baxi Boston boiler installed around 20yrs ago (still working). Whilst up in the loft I noticed there was only one cold water tank and no header tank for the central heating. The hot water and central heating vent both discharge into the same tank! The system has no motorised valve, one side of the boiler flow & return is 22mm pumped CH and the other 28mm hot water circuit that goes to the hot water cylinder. I drained the system down and left the tank open and checked and it was filling the CH circuit up. I cannot find where it feeds into it yet and iv had numerous floorboards up. Anybody seen this b4?

That brings back some memories, nothing much to go wrong but you would be better to convert to fully pumped, but that would need new cylinder roof tank and controls, then find someone who knows how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity hot water system plumbed into central heating circuit. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock