Search the forum,

Discuss Gravity solid fuel with remote cyl + oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elverstown

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
looking for some practical guidance, went to a bungalow to quote on relocating and upgrading oil boiler and controls. Found; 30+ year old house which originally had a Tirolia solid fuel cooker/boiler (now a Stanley stove boiler) with 1 in (28mm) copper rising to attic and traversing about 3m and dropping to single coil cyl. and to feed rads with pump, return going underfloor to S/F. Oil teed in under cyl. with its own pump. haven't been in the attic or checked for non return valves, but noted that pipe stat for S/F pump was beside cyl, with a manual switch. Houseowners switch on pump as needed / related to the amount of fire in stove.
I was a bit concerned with this layout, oil added about 20+ y. It's working for the owners. do you; if it aint broke, dont fix it, walk away, recommend relocating dual coil cyl. or?

cheers
D

Thanks Simon, h2 is new to me, looked it up, scheme with buffer overhead makes sence, but panel and tank would be expensive addition to something that is working already, have used Systemlink many times,

What would you do to the job if the set up was in your house, do the same here.

Hi all,
looking for some practical guidance, went to a bungalow to quote on relocating and upgrading oil boiler and controls. Found; 30+ year old house which originally had a Tirolia solid fuel cooker/boiler (now a Stanley stove boiler) with 1 in (28mm) copper rising to attic and traversing about 3m and dropping to single coil cyl. and to feed rads with pump, return going underfloor to S/F. Oil teed in under cyl. with its own pump. haven't been in the attic or checked for non return valves, but noted that pipe stat for S/F pump was beside cyl, with a manual switch. Houseowners switch on pump as needed / related to the amount of fire in stove.
I was a bit concerned with this layout, oil added about 20+ y. It's working for the owners. do you; if it aint broke, dont fix it, walk away, recommend relocating dual coil cyl. or?

cheers
D

Thousands of houses like this in NI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity solid fuel with remote cyl + oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock