Search the forum,

Discuss Gravity System. Heating turned on and rubbish shower has now lost even more pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hyded01

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some advice/help! My wife and I live on the top floor of a house in a one bedroom flat.

We have a gravity based system (large tank in airing cupboard, plus a tank in the loft?). The pressure/flow we get out of the shower is very poor but on the limit of being bearable.

We have a ‘Honeywell ST699 24hr Programmer’. I have recently turned on the central heating as well as the hot water and changed the times at which they turn on and off twice a day to reflect a longer period of time for the radiators to be on. This appears to have affected the shower performance as it is now pitiful and not pleasant to use.

Is this likely to be the reason? As in the water needs to do more work and is spreading itself too thin? Or Am I missing something? Perhaps downstairs has also turned their heating on…?

Basically – I really need to get the shower performing a lot better and could do with any advice on how I may go about doing that????

Thanks very much for reading this and potentially helping.

Dave.

Re: Gravity System. Heating turned on and rubbish shower has now lost even more press

It's unrelated I'm afraid. Have you tried the shower without the head on it. Could be scaled up or some muck got in from the tank.

Re: Gravity System. Heating turned on and rubbish shower has now lost even more press

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. I guess I could call that good news..? I took the shower head off yesterday and could not see any blockage at the point of entry. The flow was very poor coming out of the pipe though.

oddly, the bath taps have always produced good pressure/flow - though is that always the case?

I'm really stuck as to what to do?

All advice welcome, thanks again!

Dave.

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity System. Heating turned on and rubbish shower has now lost even more pressure. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header tank in loft. I have a recirculation pump installed that I have connected to the rad system that I turn on and off manually. I wanted to know how...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock