Discuss Green star exchanger noise in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Green star oil combi heat exchanger noise day and night water whooshing /gurgling

That'll be the water, how old? Any recent works? What's the pressure gauge showing?
Absolute pile of dog excrement those boilers.

From the description, it sounds like air trapped in the boiler. If so, needs purging and/or a new AAV. Not a DIY job IMO. At 5YO, it's probably still under warranty. If so, call Bosch (or your installer) and they should fix it for free.

The AAVs in Worcester boilers of the same age as yours seem to be a bit troublesome.

Reply to Green star exchanger noise in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
S
Got a Worcester green star 28i junior that was blowing off, replaced PRV now it won’t pressurise at all, just fills for a few minutes then blows...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We have a Worcester green star 30si boiler Hot water is fine. Ch temp is set at 70 degrees but boiler heats to 68 quite fast then takes ages to...
Replies
Views
Back