Discuss Greenstar ri , Want to replace separate timer and thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I'm bit of a novice on these things.
I have a 7 yr old Greenstar Ri conventional boiler with hot water tank in my new house.
When fitted, they wired next to the boiler a Potterden ep2002. This switch is a bit limited in what it can do. You cannot independently have different CH and HW timings, although I know I could fit an ep2 which would give me more options re on and off times.
Also in the Hall there is the standard wired Honeywell 6360. a simple clock-like knob.
What I would prefer to have is an 'all in one' something in the Hall that does the lot.
In my previous house I had a Worcester combi. It had a wireless digistat in the hall that controlled the temperature and timings for the CH (but obviously not HW as it was a combi boiler).

The problem is that people forget to turn down the honeywell clock thermostat in my new house (I want temp to be lower at certain times during the day)
What I'm looking for is something like my old Digistat that controls and changes the temperature and the CH times but which can ALSO programme HW times. People have mentioned Hive which may be an option, but I dont really want to go to that length/expense.
Is there any other digistat that would do what I want? And how difficult would it be to wire up?! Or any other ideas?

Last edited:
there is not a great difference in price between a 2 channel programmable room RF room stat and the hive or the nest thermostats but with the latter you will have control of both heating and hot water when you are away from the house and you can set temperature for away times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar ri , Want to replace separate timer and thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back