Discuss Grundfos macerator runs for a long time to flush waste in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I own a Grundfos Sololift 2 and today today the macerator has been behaving odd. It seems to run for a long time (at least a minute) to flush the waste after I used the toilet. Also it has become very sensitive and even turns on more often when I run the tap. I'm wondering if you guys have a solution to this problem? I'm hoping @rpm might have an answer :D

Depending on age and condition of water in your area (hard or soft) I would have it serviced by somebody who knows what they are doing. That is dismantled and cleaned inside. No disrespect to members here but the average guy will do little more than turn up and recommend a new one so be there and watch.

Depending on age and condition of water in your area (hard or soft) I would have it serviced by somebody who knows what they are doing. That is dismantled and cleaned inside. No disrespect to members here but the average guy will do little more than turn up and recommend a new one so be there and watch.
Thanks for your response. The macerator is only 6 months old and I live in a hard water area. The only objects that go in the macerator are tissues, my wife sometimes uses them and does a half flush with them so im wondering if that has anything to do with it. Besides that can't think of any other reason for the malfunction.

By the way the macerator performs fine when tap is running. Only runs for a long time when the toilet gets flushed

Ok, half flush button should had been disconnected. Turn power off and pour 5 litres of almost boiling hot water down the pan and leave for 30 minutes then turn power back on and test, may have to do this several times but gradually run time will come down.

Ok, half flush button should had been disconnected. Turn power off and pour 5 litres of almost boiling hot water down the pan and leave for 30 minutes then turn power back on and test, may have to do this several times but gradually run time will come down.
Amazing, will give this a try. I also have some pro-kleen macerator descaler, you reckon its worth pouring that too ?

Yes but after the hot water cycles and then use it as per instructions every 6 months.
Hi rpm. I followed your instructions and hot water technique didn't work. In fact the macerator takes longer to shut off even if I used the tap ('m sure it hasn't got anything to do with the hot water technique. I also opened the tank to see if there was anything inside and it was clear of objects as well as the blade it self.

Here's a video of the macerator just after I let the tap run for 10 seconds.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykVEbB8xNio

Any thoughts ?

Thanks again

Thanks for the video which really helps highlight the problem, from the video I see that it replaced a Saniflo and the water is simply recycling within the tank. Can I asked what was the problem(s) with the old unit? Where you told it was damaged by any chance?

Thanks for the video which really helps highlight the problem, from the video I see that it replaced a Saniflo and the water is simply recycling within the tank. Can I asked what was the problem(s) with the old unit? Where you told it was damaged by any chance?
Yes old unit was a Saniflo and it got damaged as someone in my family threw their contact lens containers in there and screwed up the motor. Otherwise it was working fine for about 10 years before it got replaced with this Grundfos model. I only purchased this one as it had good reviews and was substantially cheaper than the Saniflo.

Nothing against the Grundfos, they are good units. I now strongly suspect the problem is within the discharge pipe and that first sharp 90 degree elbow in the corner in particular. Disconnect the rubber elbow (at the unit), cut out the sharp plastic elbow and fit two forty five`s. Pour water down the open pipe to check the rest of the pipe is clear first and fit the missing jubilee clip to the rubber elbow when reassembling.
[automerge]1602259854[/automerge]
Opps, turn power off first!

Reply to Grundfos macerator runs for a long time to flush waste in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock