Discuss GWS vs Reliance - Accumulator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Does anyone have experience of either of these?

Reliance – Aquasystem 500 Litre Potable Expansion Vessel XVES050150
£660

GWS Challenger 450L Accumulator Tank
(same as Stuart Turner Mainsboost 450SV?)
£690

Both are similarly priced.

The reliance has a replaceable membrane.
The GWS has a 5 year warranty. Unsure if replaceable membrane.

Mainly thinking about longevity, rather than performance (which I assume will be identical).

The GWS is a Fibreglass shell so won't corode, as the steel ones tend to do, if the membrane splits.

GWS don't say, but the liner must be removable / replaceable due to the way the shell is made, it's spun fibreglass so will be formed around a removable inflatable liner.
I wouldn't put too much reliance on the 5 year warranty, "it's been overpressure" is likely to be a get out for a split membrane.

Reply to GWS vs Reliance - Accumulator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, First post, just joined in the hope someone may kindly be able to help with the problem as per the thread title. I will explain the setup...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a 9yr old 3 story townhouse with showers on the 1st and 2nd floor, a bath on the 1st and toilets and basins on all three floors...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We moved into our current home 18-months ago and the following heating/ HW system was already in place: Worcester Bosch 24i system boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock