Search the forum,

Discuss h/w cylinder compatible with future heat pump system? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

T

terrydactyl

Hi

We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My question is this: does it make sense to fit a "heat pump compatible" hot water cylinder right now to work with our existing oil boiler (I've heard larger coils are needed etc). Or is it just inevitable we'll have to have another new cylinder when we move to a heat pump?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

TC

Is your existing cylinder an unvented or gravity fed eg cold water tank in the loft ?

Reply to h/w cylinder compatible with future heat pump system? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock