Search the forum,

Discuss Had probs twice now with ideal standard WC's and fitting fluidmaster drop valves. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Leak every time on flush no matter what. Tried:

Setting valve to lowest setting
New c/c kit and washer (proper ideal standard replacement, flat plate and rubber ring washer)
Plumbers mait ring round doughnut
Cutting thread back on fluidmaster incase it projects too low and causes splash

In each case tried refitting many timers to make sure was straight and angled correctly.

On the first loo, cistern had hole at front and sorted in the end by switching to handle flush (so presuming force of fluidmaster drop valve flush was cause?) Second one had hole on cistern lid so couldn't do that.

What's the deal with these monkies?

I too really hate the close coupled jobbies...

Im guessing its just a small leak on every flush? The plumbers mate can't be sealing all the way round if its still leaking past the donut & the mate... I often have to dismantle, jiggle stuff about abit & find it then seals..

Maybe the 'Ideal Standard WC Vs Fluidmaster Drop Valve' is a red herring but I've fitted hundreds of toilets with fluidmasters, never with any issue. There have only been two that have been massive, massive pains and they were both Ideal Standards loos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Had probs twice now with ideal standard WC's and fitting fluidmaster drop valves. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock