Discuss Halstead ace 30kw gurus please help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't call halestead dimplex .last time I did it was £5 a min

QUOTE=Gas74;878850]Is this the condensing model?[/QUOTE]

no its the condensing model.
But think I'm close to figuring out thanks to you guys.
Think it's either the pump or the flow switch.
Found the halstead manual http://www.freeboilermanuals.com/assets/pdf/halstead/AceHE_installation.pdf
Reading the ignition fault flow chart. Looks like it's the flow switch or pump as the green led is blinking. (sorry if i did not mention this initially) or the pump not triggering the flow switch. I assumed that the boiler would go to lock out and not light if these were faulty. But given it has i'm guess that it's not quite as sequential as this. And the lack of flow/movement is causing the gas valve to shut up shop??? Guessing i can test for voltage at the flow switch pin on the board to see if it's going from NO to NC once the pump has started working? can i also link out the flow switch to see if we flame stays on?

Re your question Yes Glen-Dimplex now own Halsted, along with most cookers & fires, total rip-off if you need tec advise, if you have to call them use customers phone. Still think you have a pump problem or blockage.

A lot of parts for Halsteads are now obsolete, I have a customer with a pin holed plate hex and it needs a few other bits too, some are obsolete and others are a joke...£47 for an AAV!

A lot of parts for Halsteads are now obsolete, I have a customer with a pin holed plate hex and it needs a few other bits too, some are obsolete and others are a joke...£47 for an AAV!

Yes Halsted parts , like calls to Dimplex are expensive !

Re your question Yes Glen-Dimplex now own Halsted, along with most cookers & fires, total rip-off if you need tec advise, if you have to call them use customers phone. Still think you have a pump problem or blockage.
jts you are the man!

Ended up being the pump. Start capacitor was knackered. Got one from maplins. Was a little large for the pump head housing but just cut a little of the housing out so it poked through the top and then connected the two flexes with connector blocks . Boilers fires like a dream.

Many thanks to everyone that contributed to helping me get there. Steep leaning curve but with your help slowly getting the hang of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead ace 30kw gurus please help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock