Discuss Halstead ACE HE30 CO/CO2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rf1

About to do a Landlords inspection on a Halstead ACE HE30 - first time working on a Halstead. Looking at MIs CO2 (Max) is quoted as 9.2% +/- 0.3. There's no absolute CO levels included in the data but the CO/CO2 ratio (Max) is stated as '0.0003 +0.005'. Can this be right? A ratio of 0.0003 with CO2 at 9.2% would suggest that CO (Max) is only 28ppm !!! Also I've not come across CO/CO2 ratio presented this way before - don't understand what the '+0.005' means (presumably it's a tolerance but what does it mean?). Maybe I'm missing something but before calling Halstead's 0844 number, I wondered if anyone else had come across this - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck ! Think it means ratio can be as high as 0.0053 which doesn't seem right either!

Personally I would not have worried about it too much. Would have defaulted to standard 0.004 ratio.
Crap boilers! Crap instruction!

By the looks of the mi the co2 is the important 1 but the problem is it doesnt give instruction to adjust ,it just says if your readings are incorrect you need to call technical.

Ratio is a relationship between level of CO2 and CO. The analyser generally uses CO ppm and CO2%. To convert CO ppm into % terms by dividing by 10,000. Then divide one into the other for your ratio.

That's the thing - the MIs quote a ratio of 0.0003 and CO2 of 9.2% so the analyser would need to be measuring CO of only 28ppm on high rate in order to get a ratio of 0.0003 - lot of crap as GrahamM put it.

You can get quite a few reading very low ppm. When i were stopping smoking they made me blow into a device that measured the co in my lungs at it was higher than some boilers i had serviced lol. Not any more though:cool3:

Had a thought to look at their marketing brochure for the boiler and there, on the last page is the same data table but with CO/CO2 ratio stated as 0.003 not 0.0003 as stated in the MIs. It's ridiculous they get away with this nonsense.

as you said their manuals have a misprint and you set up on co2 values and I personally just glance at the ppm as if the co/co2 ois within normal parameters you know your ok, not an issue really

CO / CO2 = 0.003
CO2 = 9.2% = 0.092
CO / 0.092 = 0.003
CO = 0.003 X 0.092
CO=0.000276
multiply by 1000000 to get to ppm
CO=276ppm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead ACE HE30 CO/CO2 ratio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back