Search the forum,

Discuss Halstead Ace Whistle / Whine / Scream. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi, I am looking for some advice regarding my Halstead Ace High boiler.

It works perfectly, DHW is fine, heating is fine, it holds pressure and generally does everything a boiler should - except - when the CH comes on, after a little while (after it warms up?) the boiler emits a loud (can be heard all over house) whistle / whine / scream.

If I open the hot tap the scream stops (if I open the tap slowly I can adjust the pitch of the scream), but as soon as the tap is closed the scream returns.

I have tried varying the temperature of the DHW and CH, but this makes no difference.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry but we cant give out information on boiler repairs, best bet is to call out local gas engineer who is familiar with these boilers, think it was one made for WICKS (Budget range) taken over by Glen-Dimplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead Ace Whistle / Whine / Scream. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock