Search the forum,

Discuss Halstead Hero 60 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SIIVION

Good day.

After having an Engineer visit it has been decided that our Halstead Hero 60 has to be changed.

Can anyone advise a suitable replacement which will require minimal pipework please?

It is a simple flow and return pipe system.

I do see that Halstead no longer exist and were taken over by GlenDimplex so maybe there are boilers from them which have the same/similar layout?

Have a great festive season.
regards

Simon

Go with what your gsr recommends, let him supply and fit it.

If you supply it you'll be responsible for any issues with it. Not him. He will recommend a boiler that he is both trained on and familiar with.

Totally agree. Enlist a gas Safe engineer who will recommend accordingly. Be prepared for a new gas run

Thank you. The gsr is off on holiday, I would like to check prices online for a replacement as there is the option of just replacing the heat exchanger but i would rather not as the whole unit is rather old. I am prepared for new piping but if i could establish a unit with the same or similar footprint it would make life and the job a tad easier.

For a pro it will not be a problem and don't be put off by the need for piping changes. I'll be completely honest I am ONLY ever replacing Halsteads they are almost never worth repairing owing to cost of parts and part unavailability. Glen Dimplex have unfortunately stopped supporting Halstead boilers so this situation will only worsen. But listen to your engineer and get a few quotes. It's not worth you checking out prices reall If you supply it then you take responsibility for it. Whereas if the engineer supplies it then they will help out if there are any boiler teething problems. many heat only boilers are very similar so please please listen to your gsr engineer it's his bread and butter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead Hero 60 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock