Discuss halsted high ace prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

got a halsted high ace with a prob on the heating

when i turn the heating on the burnner lights up then goes out again i removed the micro-switch from the diverter valve and put it back on and it seemed to work ok for 4 days but now the same problem is back.

is the micro-switch on its way out or is it the dirafram (cant spell that word lol) going?

Well the micro switch at the end of the divertor valve and the diaghram inside effect the hot water operation,not the heating ,in it's normal closed position the heating should work,I take it the hot water is working fine
When you say the boiler lights and then goes out again on heating,what it is doing is coming on,heating up and then going out once temperature reached on heating thermostate, due to lack of circulastion
So we should be looking at what can stop the circulation around the radiators
When you turn the heating on check if pump flow switch is operating,think probably not ,there is a filter on the return that could be blocked or could be a weak pump
It could be the divertor valve sticking and not going back to heating mode,is pin retracting away from micro switch at end of divertor valve,could be stuck on hot water mode ,but boiler would stay on all the time.going on and off

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the micro switch at the end of the divertor valve and the diaghram inside effect the hot water operation,not the heating ,in it's normal closed position the heating should work,I take it the hot water is working fine
When you say the boiler lights and then goes out again on heating,what it is doing is coming on,heating up and then going out once temperature reached on heating thermostate, due to lack of circulastion
So we should be looking at what can stop the circulation around the radiators
When you turn the heating on check if pump flow switch is operating,think probably not ,there is a filter on the return that could be blocked or could be a weak pump
It could be the divertor valve sticking and not going back to heating mode,is pin retracting away from micro switch at end of divertor valve,could be stuck on hot water mode ,but boiler would stay on all the time.going on and off

burnner lights then goes straight out again and gos to lock out so u have to turn the boiler off.

dont think its a week pump or low flow as when the heating works all rads get nice and hot.

the pin is retracting away from micro switch as i can see it doing it.

not an easy one lol :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to halsted high ace prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock