Discuss Has anyone set up in business recently in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based in East Leeds, No don't have gas. Wish I did, supposed to have got my industrial at company I work for. But never happened. Where abouts are you?

Hi Guys, its a small world im in Leeds too, in my job I cover all yorkshire & humberside LPG & NAT GAS.

lol steve looking back at the joke it is actually sadder than I remember....

Gosh it is a small world CWR. Now I know your in Leeds aswell, you remember that advice I gave you? don't take no notice. I don't want you nicking my potential customers lol. Only joking, at least you have the gas side to help you out. Would you have to re-register yourself with Gas Safe under your own company name then to do gas on your own? Does anyone know how you would go about registering self employed and setting up a company name up ect.

Macca2009 - it's sensible to employ an accountant for your year end figures so if you haven't found one, these are questions they can answer for you. It won't cost you a bomb to ask these questions and if you don't like them much then you find another one for the year end stuff. If you do like them, you've found yourself a new accountant.

Most of this info is free of charge if you look. A phone call to Gas Safe. A phone call to HMRC. A visit to your local Business Link.

Best of luck - it's tough out there at the moment (well, not this last couple of weeks) but next year with the VAT rise will not make things any easier.

Cheers mate, been meaning to ring business link up now for a bit and see what they can do. need to get me finger out.

Reading this and a couple of other threads, and trying to get a feel of what it is that holds people back from wanting to go it alone.

Is it fear of not finding customers? The expense of setting up? The admin that goes with owning a business? Trying to keep track of exactly where you are, what you owe when your insurance runs out etc etc?

Any thoughts I'd be interested to hear. Here or PM if you prefer....

I'm starting up also, i currently have a business advisor who is helping me and I am going to see PSYBT(princes scottish youth business trust) Panel in January to try get grants and loans for a van and Gas Safe Register. I know a Joiner who does maintenance and he is going to sub contract work to me, i have been doing work casual at the moment but nothing permanent, I actually wanted to do this as a 2nd job while still working for my company but Commercial Plumbing is Dying and so is my company, so I got payed off :p My Business Advisor said he's going to help me with my Books and Tax Returns for my first year, then leave me on my own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone set up in business recently in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
i have just finished my city and guilds plumbing course. this has set me up for my nvq. but i can find NO ONE in my area or surrounding willing to...
Replies
Views
grey.squirrel
G
M
Hi. I really have very little (ok, make that "no") knowledge of central heating whatsoever. Perhaps someone can help me. My mother-in-law...
Replies
Views
solorider
S
I just wondered how other people have found sites like 'Rated People'. I recently signed up to try and generate some more business but I'm very...
Replies
Views
JULIED444
J
C
Hello all, I am considering joining Trust a Trader as a plumber and the price is £495 per year, even more than Yellow Pages. Now the guy I...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
J
Hi guy, I'm not too sure if this is the right place to put this, but i am 19 years old, I have been driving my own car just over a year and have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock