Discuss Has anyone set up in business recently in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck GQuigley67 I know what you mean about commercial plumbing. Works drying up south of the border as well. How did you come across the business adviser then? I could do with someone like that to help me get off in the right direction.

I think that trying to build a business while working full-time for someone else is very difficult. You'll be hungrier for the work when you don't have the safety net of full-time employment. That said, you will need some capital behind you. Keep your overheads low, cut back on your social life in the short term to save money, work will come from word of mouth...it all takes time. Find a good business networking group (one that has other tradesmen), join some clubs (football, rugby etc). It helps if you have children as you meet other parents - everyone needs a plumber! (but don't have children just to fulfill your business plan). Everytime you meet someone for the first time is a sales opportunity......let everyone know what you do. Good luck.

Good luck GQuigley67 I know what you mean about commercial plumbing. Works drying up south of the border as well. How did you come across the business adviser then? I could do with someone like that to help me get off in the right direction.

I went to my local regeneration agency, explained my situation told them that i'm not looking for work im looking to set up my own business, they told me to come back the following week to meet my business advisor and he gave me a business plan template to work on, and he is one of the members of PSYBT(princes' scottish youth business trust) he is personally recommending me to them and I have to go see a panel in january, Dragons den eat your heart out :p he is also going to help me with my first year free of charge.

I don't know how it is down south or how old you are (I'm 21) but I'm sure there is help out there for you, at the end of the day the more businesses there are, the better for the economy i think thats the way they see it.

I'm trying to get the maximum of 5 grand loan for a van, and im investing around £1000 in my own money towards my training for CKR1 HTR1 and CPA1 and getting gas safe registered. I've also invested over £1000 in tools already, but I hope this all goes in my favour :p we'll see come january :p but all the best mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone set up in business recently in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
i have just finished my city and guilds plumbing course. this has set me up for my nvq. but i can find NO ONE in my area or surrounding willing to...
Replies
Views
grey.squirrel
G
M
Hi. I really have very little (ok, make that "no") knowledge of central heating whatsoever. Perhaps someone can help me. My mother-in-law...
Replies
Views
solorider
S
I just wondered how other people have found sites like 'Rated People'. I recently signed up to try and generate some more business but I'm very...
Replies
Views
JULIED444
J
C
Hello all, I am considering joining Trust a Trader as a plumber and the price is £495 per year, even more than Yellow Pages. Now the guy I...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
J
Hi guy, I'm not too sure if this is the right place to put this, but i am 19 years old, I have been driving my own car just over a year and have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock