Discuss have I been mis sold bath taps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hannah Smith

Hi, we have bought "bath taps" from a very well known online bath company, when they arrived the plumbing sizes were 15mm not 22mm, I phoned and was customer services agreed I must have been sent basin taps by mistake so would investigate. After some chasing and speaking to someone else who also agreed at the company, I sent them back with a promise of a full refund inc p&p. They are now refusing my p&p on the basis they 15mm bath taps were correct and bath taps dont come as a standard size as we thought! Have sizes changed in recent years that ive not heard of? Surely its not bright to put 15mm tap plumbings onto 22mm pipes? Also they said I could have bought a tap connector plate? But cant seem to see these on their website? Advice would be very much appreciated as looks like I will going down trade description "unfit for purpose" claim as they are being so unhelpful and I think wrong! Many thanks

If you ordered 22mm bath taps and got 15mm basin taps then they are in the wrong pure and simple.

If they didn't stipulate the connection sizes then they didn't do much wrong. The taps were fit for purpose.
22mm comes from the days when everyone had gravity hot water systems as the larger bore pipe helped with flow rates. With combis and sealed systems 15mm is the standard as you waste much less hot water with smaller bore pipes.
You won't have a leg to stand on unless they specifically advertised the taps as being fit for 22mm pipework.
A plumber would have sorted the 'problem' in a few minutes by cutting back your feeds and converting to 15mm pipe with 1/2'' connectors.

The whole issue has become as they are absolutely NO measurements on their website and until now as people have helpfully told me they can come in different sizes these days. So yes we did assume 22mm was british standard size (the ones we now have are 22mm fitting but taper to 15mm at handles and spout but thats not a problem). They wont admit any liability even though the 1st 2 people in their support team also thought they were the wrong size but suddenly at the point of refud theyre saying theyre not and tough! We dont have a plumber as yet so have had to go on our clearly now outdated knowledge! Will still persue my issues with them though thanks for all the advice so far!

They should have decided 15mm was O.K BEFORE they asked you to send them back.

Quote "I sent them back with a promise of a full refund inc p&p."

Ive never came accross bath taps with 15mm tails yet, , Hannah Smith do you have a combi boiler as they would be ok if you have, if not you will have to check the purchase page you bought the taps (specs) and see what it says,,

Post the link for the taps. Its all very much he says, she says. Did you get it in writing that they would refund in full inc p and p.

Have I been knocked on the nut and been in a coma for a decade ?
Bath taps are 3/4 basin taps 1/2 .
I am on the side of Hannah I also did see on the bay a listing
Bath/Basin taps for sale at ??? just about between scrap and cheapest retail price .
The seller I did not think knew the diff between the two I knew a scrappy who sold these at markets/carboots they were rcap.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to have I been mis sold bath taps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock