Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Have you seen one of these before, coz I ain't... in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

Ok folks, standard WC pans are approx 400mm to the rim right? Those for elderly or less able 430mm i.e. DOC M etc. Well in the bathroom I've been working on this week the pan rim height was 490mm!!

Pic FYI
    20180306_084107.jpg
    How terrible is that, doesn't even fit the profile of the pan... at first I thought someone had taken a diamond blade to an old VC pan but actually it's fibreglass :(:eek:o_O...

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Chester

Chester Member

couple more and you wont even have to sit down and let the world fall out of ya, nice.

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

yes akw make them

the pans been changed as they dont support side fixings (L brackets)

[​IMG]

4. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

The pic Shaun posted looks ok but the one you've posted Jim looks like it would wobble lol. It does look terrible also haha. Never even knew they existed...

5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Neither did I. Looks well weird.

6. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

I have seen them they are not meant to be used on a close coupled pan it is a very poor install jim boardering on dangerous for the client , there are plenty of manufacturers who make a raised height toilet pan for disabled and less able use . cheers kop

7. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

Just to make it very clear chaps I didn't install this toilet, however it is actually very stable as I tried it out :D.

My job here was fitting a new shower mixer and re-doing the silicone to the shower screen & tray, re-siting the shower seat and various grab rails.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

I've never come across them before. And I mainly do NHS and private care homes.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. sammathias

sammathias GSR

yeh come across them quite a lot in public authority housing...never seen a close coupled pan sitting on one tho!!! low level pans mainly which sit a lot better...well better than a piece of 3/4" ply :D:D

• Agree Agree x 1