Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss heat store - lots of help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am trying to figure out a way forward. I live in France, but my knowledge of technical terms (including plumbing, heating and boilers) is very poor. I have a solid fuel Rayburn as a heat source, burning logs. I use between 10 and 15 tonnes a wood in an average winter. It can take 4 hours for radiators to warm up from cold.
I am considering a heat store, on the basis that the Rayburn could heat the water after the demand has finished late at night, for use the following morning.
Is this a reasonable approach?
If it is, could I then add an automatic boiler to augment the Rayburn? It would probably be electric (heat pump?) as we have no gas.
Can anyone recommend a manufacturer of heat stores?
Lots of questions, I'm afraid. I appreciate your help.
Austin

In the UK, the term worth Googling is 'thermal store' or 'accumulator'. Hope this helps.

Reactions: rpm
In the UK, the term worth Googling is 'thermal store' or 'accumulator'. Hope this helps.

Not an accumulator it's a buffer tank mate

Fair point. 'Heat accumulator' comes up with a few hits on Google though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heat store - lots of help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock