Discuss heating comes with water even with heating turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bazander

So I have have not had any heating or hot water turned on for at lest 2 months, but yesterday I required some hot water. about half an hour after turning the hot water on, my radiators were boiling hot also.
The controls indicated that the heating was turned off, and the heating control was not touched at all.
Once I noticed the radiators were hot, I even checked the thermostat, and according to the house thermostat, the house was warm enough not to require the heating.
Thus 2 sets of heating controls say the heating shoudl not be on.

Is this a problem with my boiler?
controls?
sticking valve in boiler?
sticking valve elsewhere in house?

Thanks in advance.
Bazander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating comes with water even with heating turned off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock