Discuss Heating ok no DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

furryneddy

Hi all - happy new year to you all.:) I hope someone can help with this - got a Halstead Hero 60 (gas - not combi) Heating side works fine no probs when DHW is switched on nothing :confused: call for heat lights+pump run lights all controls are OK. cyl stat - valves - etc. Call for heat LEDS on circuit board are ok but will not fire up but if you turn on heating and water theres no probs it fires up but if the heating is turned of the 3rd led goes out and you get a APS/Fan Fault but if the heating is turned back on the boiler fires :confused::confused::confused: have checked programmer by swapping wires but programmer is ok.. Very puzzled as there is obviously no fault with the CH part of the boiler as it fires up :confused::confused:
p.s have replaced thermistor on flow pipe already

exuse my asking what may be a silly question
its not a combi so is this running a 3 port valve and have you checked valve is moving freely??
or id running 2 2ports again is the motorized valve moving to switch the circuit to live

no not silly questtion -- not 3port valve system has two two ports and system has been working previously with no fault till now :confused:

ok first port of call(exuse the pun) would seem poss that hot water 2 port maybe faulty and not completing the circuit

ay yes but it is calling for heat on internall circuit board and pump running as well ? so must be opening and switching on supply to boiler ?

meter the wires coming into the boiler and look for diference betwen working and not sounds like an external fault as boiler cant distinguish between where the call fo heat is coming from

Last edited:
valve motor itself may be faulty - have you checked the manual override lever on the side when it is supposed to be open?

when it calls for heat circuit is live to heating port and all well but if when it calls for both the live should activate both ports but if one is open it still senses flow so continues
if hot water is jammed or cant move then pump will not work and boiler will not sense flow

if that makes any sense good because it just confused me:confused:

Hi Newbie1 thanx for your help, going to check that valve today - cant understand how it would close microswitches but not open up the water side :confused: - Don't think the boiler has flow switches but theres obviously something stopping the DHW side of things working as all is well on the heating side

ok little update - turns out there's none or very little water in the primarys of the cylinder - making thermistor cut out hence no boiler working ,,,, next job why is there no water in the coil??????? header tank ok----- tried blowing through with hose pipe no joy yet:confused::confused::confused:

ok little update - turns out there's none or very little water in the primarys of the cylinder - making thermistor cut out hence no boiler working ,,,, next job why is there no water in the coil??????? header tank ok----- tried blowing through with hose pipe no joy yet:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
May be a blockage in the feed pipe from the F&E tank. This is usually near to where it joins the main circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating ok no DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock