Search the forum,

Discuss Heating or heating and water randomly staying on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our gas central heating comes on for an hour and a half in the morning at lunchtime it is set for on 1200 off 1200 and in the evening 1700-2200. Since we moved into the house 2 years ago it has randomly just failed to go off. For example the heating was on 1 pm ish twice last week. It can go 10 days without doing it. The first gas safe engineer I had changed the timer controller. That didn't fix it. The second replaced 2 valves, still no joy. So neither has any idea what this could be.

Any ideas?

What make & model have you got, have you spoken to the manufacturers, with so much being controlled by microchips these days it could be one of several things.

Last edited:
It's getting a live from somewhere.

Find somebody who will get the testers out before throwing parts at it.

The boiler is a Worcester. Going to get the wiring checked. Presumably whoever installed the new controller wired it like for like and so the problem followed through to the new one?

boiler.JPG

Really cant see the programmer could be at fualt especially as its been changed but didn't cure the intermittent fault, more likly to be the boilers frost protection or anti -seize function causing it.

The only programmer I can remember where the orange lights would come on when there was no demand was an old Landis & Gyr RWB2 mechanical type but the boiler didn't fire up it was feedback from the 3 port valve I think. Have you asked Worcester if thay have had others with the same problem?

Did your last guys actually check anything with a multimeter? I’ve had zone valves send live up orange off their own accord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating or heating and water randomly staying on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock