Discuss Heating system maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveWannadoGas

Hi chaps, just thinking its the end of year now and I`ve been wondering if there`s any maintenance you`d recommend for heating systems? I have a combi, a worcester. I was thinking of draining the system down, flushing out the rads and refilling system with inhibitor. Would that be a good idea? I want the system to stay in good shape for as long as possible. Which inhibitor is best? Fernox? Is there a consensus on this?

One other thing, the installer who put my boiler in, has run the condense pipe into the gutter. Is this ok? I think this runs into a garden soakaway. I know its supposed to go into the soil pipe, but can anyone see an issue with that? I have had the boiler fail in recent cold weather, maybe because of moss in the gutter blocking up the end of the condense pipe?

Any advice is very welcome. Thankyou.

Last edited by a moderator:
only if you are female and hot.

You must know what a magnet looks like? I`ve just put two magnets-the ones used to clean algae from the inside glass of a fish tank-so they are holding each other in place. Just sitting either side on the run of pipework. The thinking being, that they will trap any silt from bottom of the radiators that washes along the pipe. Then when/if I want to flush the system through, it will all wash out via the drain-off. It might not do much, but it cost me nothing.

And eventually completely block up the pipe, take the magnets off

romance-dating-magnetic-magnetic_attractions-attraction-chat_up_line-magnet-01234878_low.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating system maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock